Friday, October 25, 2019

Friday!!

It was a good ending to a not so good week.  I worked tonight at a dance for the middle school and a bonfire for the high school.  It went better than I expected.  Everything was Halloween themed so costumes, a spooky stroll and a carved pumpkin walk were some of the things the kids got to do.  It made for a late night for me, but I might do it again sometime. 

After the regular work day and before the activity night I had a few hours to burn so I ran an errand and went to the beach.  It was 55 degrees outside and the water temperature was about the same.  I walked barefoot on the beach, allowing the cool sand between my toes.  I should do that more often.

My list of happy things in no particular order:

  • So many smiles on so many kids faces.
  • Fire can be beautiful. 
  • Shells-there structure and layers.
  • Waves-the thunderous noise as they break upon the earth.
  • Islands-in the distance.
  • Sand-soft yet gritty; formable.
  • Not sure if my computer will be ever get better, but it looks like we can access and SAVE all the files and pictures.
  • Turning off my alarm clock for morning.
  • Between a day a work, a walk on the beach, an evening at work walking around the school and pacing to get the last 600 steps-I totaled over 20,000 steps today. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment