Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Wednesday - still no laptop.

After arriving super early for a doctor's appointment I decided to go for a walk along a nearby rail trail.   The place I was hoping to park is now No Parking.  So I found a nearby place that seemed to have an off shoot to the trail and parked there.  I made my way along what appeared to be the path.  My trail program had me right on top of it so off I went.  Eventually I saw the rail trail but it wasn't where I expected it to be.  Pulling up my map I found that I had somehow walked by a turn.  The path I was on looked like a grown in old dirt road or logging trail and so I still followed it (even though it wasn't on the map) under the rail trail and then around the other side.  There were at least two places that had signs that seemed fairly new.  Even so, the trail just seemed to stop so I went the 20-30 feet through the woods to the actual paved rail trail. 
The walk along the trail was enjoyable with yellows, reds and oranges speckled along the path and in the trees.   I turned at some wetlands and tried my luck with some panoramic photos.   On my way back I noticed on the side of the trail near where I had come through the trees that it was posted No Trespassing!!  I hadn't seen any signs like that on my way through from the opposite direction.   I looked for the trail that was on my map program but didn't find it.  Cutting through the woods there would have resulted in my taking a tumble.  I ended up walking to the doctor appointment instead of getting the car.  

After my appointment I decided to walk the roads back to the car rather than trying to find the mystery path again.   Thankfully it didn't start to rain as predicted. 

Getting that walk in is my happy for today.  It turns out I needed that exercise to destress a little.  After some pictures from today are the rest that I will post for Coronation. 

Rising sun. 

The rail trail bridge I walked under.







Not sure if the panoramic shots are worth it using Blogger.










Some pictures from Coronation, including with Count Ozurr being knighted.

















No comments:

Post a Comment