Sunday, October 6, 2019

New York City

It is after 8:30 PM and we (myself, K and a friend) are still in New York City.  We left Pennsylvania just before lunch time and got to the MET Cloisters around 3:30 ish.  The three of us explored there until almost closing and then headed to dinner to meet our friend's brother.  After that we walked to an ice cream shop and are now headed to Connecticut to drop off our friend and then home.  I have work in the morning so I'm writing this and hoping to sleep in the car a while. 

It has been a super day touring around for K's birthday.  I really enjoyed looking at the tapestries and other art pieces at the Cloisters.   Although not the same series, if I had to choose a favorite it would be the Hunt of the Unicorn tapestries.  They are also very sad.  There was a little girl with her dad there that was a little upset that they would kill the unicorn. 

So not the same series is in reference to a series of unicorn tapestries that are at a museum in France, The Lady and the Unicorn.  K had a tshirt with a print from that series that I have now and I like it. There is a fictional book about making tapestries in period that I want to reread.

Pictures of all these things will need to wait.  It will give me interesting things to write about during the week.  Maybe Z will be able to get my computer working. 

Happy things are definitely visiting NYC.  I've never really spent time here.  Driven through a few times and took the Staten Island Ferry as a kid, but this was more of an experience.  Museums and food and walking are a sweet combination for me.

Pictures another time...





No comments:

Post a Comment