Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Back to School--Some Harper's Highlights

First day with students and I am reminded how hard it is for me to learn names.  It is even harder because I don't have east access to things like an attendance list.  I imagine that I will have most of them down in a month or so.  One of the new things for this year are some classes that are combined with kids from all three grades.  I thought I made a mistake when I walked in and knew most of the students from last year!  My happy for today is getting back to school and the kids.  The first week is lots of organizing, getting into good routines and learning about the students.  One of last year's students greeted me coming in and we talked about the book they were reading.  In one class summer stories were shared, in another what books they like to read.  It should be a good week.


Friday the 30th of August-

Since sleep will continue to be an important part of my life when I have work the next day I am going to highlight the Harper's things a little each day over the next few days.  So, Friday is the day I arrived.  Some things that I didn't put into that blog is that I kind of made a scroll with K's help.  It didn't end up being presented, and it may still go out, but I am going to post a picture anyway because there is no name.  This is an IOU scroll and I am considering making more, because it was fun. 


The car was all packed with my loom on the front seat with K and my avatars by my side.  I decided that they could weave for me on the ride.  This was shortly after the silliness of the scroll and kind of set the tone for the silliness of the weekend.


Friday evening gabbing with some friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment