Sunday, September 1, 2019

Harper's Saturday

Little did I know how much enjoyment I would get out of watching the tournaments today.  The Rapier Tournament was a blast.  We met new people and watched them bring some of their best fencing onto the field.  K and I were able to help pick some of the weapons forms and have fun with that.  We let some of the fighters take the field with our stuff lamb and sheep, which represent 'us', while others fought to protect us.  There was much laughter and watching this is one of my happy things for today,

It has been a long day and the internet at the cabin is pretty much non existent,  The other tournament was the Archery Tournament  The person designed it to be fun and it was fun to watch, if my arm wasn't bothering me I would have borrowed someone's gear to shoot for fun,  This is also a happy for today.

The last competition that was today was Bardic,  This was the difficult one.  It is much harder in my opinion to judge a performance art.

It was a very full day with many happy things:  feast, beautiful stars at night, children's fighting, thrown weapons, performances, awards.

Sorry for all the typos etc--just posting so I can do the thing.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness... it is Sept 1st isn't it!! I completely forgot until I opened your blog and say the date!!! Our Saturday was a mixture of chilly weather and then five minutes later, the sun would come out and you were "sweating hot" as my daughter used to say!!

    ReplyDelete