Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wednesday--Many Harper's Pictures

This is the day that I had a hard time staying awake.  Okay, I feel like I write that often.  The short power nap I took yesterday made it difficult for me to sleep last night.  Still, after work today I fell asleep, I couldn't help it.  I sat down, that is all it takes some times.  It helped a bunch today that I was able to get up and walk around a few times.  The schedule is new this year and I feel that it will take some time for me to learn it.

After work I ran errands and now I have a new pair of sneakers for work.  Ideally this means that tomorrow my feet will feel better by the end of the day.  My happy for today will be the new shoes.  After I have worn them for a day or two I will put my no tie laces on them.  I think a little bit of break in so I know that are comfortable first is a good idea though.

Okay, Saturday of Harper's Retreat there was a tournament for the Rapier Champions, the Archery Champions and the Bardic Competitions to determine the Children's Bard, Warrior Bard and Bardic Champion.   From my side of things the archery was the easiest.  The winner becomes the Baroness's Champion and the second place the Baron's Champion.  The Bardic are difficult to choose because it is a performance art.  There are no targets to hit or opponent to strike down.  For the bardic we had a team to help decide though.  It didn't fall on just one person to make the decision.  There was a rubric that we used to help score them, we talked about it and came to a mutually desirable champion.

The rapier though...  I decided to do Baroness Choice as I was told other Baronesses have done in the past.  It was SO HARD.  Our scribe was not happy that it took me until Sunday to make up my mind who my champion would be.  I really like the person who came in second place and it would have been very easy to choose him.  He had a good day on the field, or he wouldn't have come in second.  There was another that did well but also added a bit more flourish and enjoyment to the sport that stood out to me and so she became the Baroness Champion.  It was such a hard thing to do.  I'm happy with who I chose, but kind of wish I could have picked them both. 

There was a Royal Court on Saturday as well.  I was not able to take any pictures.  There were some very well deserved awards and some gorgeous scrolls.  One very special award was knitted and embroidered for someone who is a knitter, spinner, crochet, etc person.

Rapier Pictures and Surrounding Area.













Archery!





From the Feast.











Bardic... Long day, my phone battery died.



No comments:

Post a Comment