Thursday, September 5, 2019

Thursday and Sunday Harper's Pictures

So many things to post about Sunday that just a happy for today, Thursday.  When I got home from work I found that Gideon had drawn on himself.  K was rather surprised and the exchange between the two of them was rather humorous.  That is my happy for today.

Sunday at Harper's is when I made the Rapier Champion decision.  I also had to make the Heavy List decision as that was also Baroness's Choice.  Both the Rapier and Heavy List tournaments had some special twists that made them so much fun to watch and hopefully to participate in.  In Saturday's Rapier finals we chose some fun challenges, one of which involved the number three and four combatants to join in, holding K's sheep and my llama, to be guarded by the finalists and defending 'us'.  With the Heavy List there were some toy horses that were added in that the fighters got to pretend being on a steed.  Some of the fighters played this SO well and I laughed SO much.  It was glorious.  For the Baroness Champion I chose someone who I feel will represent the Barony well and who I could tell had much fun out there on the field.  They got on the play horse and hopped like he was riding and still managed to fight well. 

I hope this video uploaded correctly...
                                      

The other tournament Sunday was for the Thrown Weapons Champion.  We only get one champion to share and that goes to the winner.  We watched the finals and I must say that the final part of the competition looked hard to do.  The target was separated into four parts and the thrower was to only hit each of the quadrants once and not touch the line in the process (at least that is how I remember the rules).  Generally, when one is to hit a target it is the center that is aimed at.  The subsequent aiming is based and adjusted to better hit the same area.  In this case it is more difficult to adjust based on a previous result because the target was different each time.

There was also Baronial Court and Royal Court. 

We awarded a Tabula Rasa.



Bunnies and fun things for the children. 



I got to hold the baby while her mom announced the Bardic Awards. 





It was a good day. 



At Royal Court Gideon and two of his friends were inducted into the Order of the Tiger's Cub.
The three friends are very close and the medallions they received all joined together like a three part friend's necklace.




A husband and wife each got different awards and they each knew the other was getting it, but not themselves.  It was quite the surprise for each of them.
The love in this room today was palpable.







K received a Queen's Order of Courtesy.
Well deserved, she has been quite the supporter to many a person.



Friends! 

This beautiful woman was made a Court Baroness.
The moment was so touching.
We heard the stories of how well she knows the Queen.
We heard the stories of how much work she has done for the Queen this reign. 
The coronet belonged to the Queen before she stepped up as Princess.
The coronet originally belonged to their Pelican who died just over a year ago.
There were many tears and I wish I had better words to put here.





And another friend was inducted into the Order of the Pelican. 

And my phone battery died...




No comments:

Post a Comment