Monday, February 4, 2019

Dungeons

It was Dungeons and Dragons Club Day.  I have finally started to figure out how to be a DM, at least a little.  It is something that I need to spend more time on to get a better story line in my head with lots of options for when the students do the things I am not expecting.  

When I was a teenager some friends tried to get me to play D&D and I think I tried?  I remember playing a different role playing game called Villains and Vigilantes.  My character had the super power of being able to teleport.  The problem was that if I did teleport that it would be like a bomb went off where I was.  I had to save someone in an abandoned building and I chose to teleport with that character and blow up the building.  The game master was surprised by my choice and said he had to make some changes before we could continue and basically rewrite the campaign.  I was horrified that I had done something wrong.  I wouldn't play again because I felt that I had messed everything up.  I totally didn't 'get it' and it took 30 years for me to try any kind of roll playing game again.  Now I am winging it and having some fun in the process trying to be the game master.  But, man, those kids come up with some things I don't expect.  😉

There is more sunlight on my way to work.  Something to do with the earth's rotation.  😁  Any how, I crested a hill this morning and on the other side was the beautiful morning sky.  That is my happy for today.  Also, my voice is coming back.






No comments:

Post a Comment