Sunday, February 3, 2019

Happy Birthday Gideon

Today is Gideon's birthday.  He is now seven years old.  Time can go by so quickly.  It is also Superbowl Sunday.  I don't tend to follow the game that much but I have friends who do and I enjoy getting together with them for the game.  I didn't make it this year though.

This morning I felt a little better but decided to take it easy.  Yesterday was Ice Cream for Breakfast Day.  I went to that meeting and ate out for breakfast, and didn't have ice cream.  I had some this morning instead, while I was still feeling okay.  This isn't as irresponsible as one may think.  I added a little ice cream to my milk and cereal.  It sweetens breakfast up a bit.  Ice cream is also pretty good on French toast.  Just sayin'.

In the middle of the afternoon I tried to take a nap and failed.  I was feeling unwell again.  Eventually I came downstairs for dinner and had a sudden thought.  Recently I went on a medication that I thought was making me feel a little nauseous when I first started taking it.  The nausea would go away as long as I ate.  Now I am wondering if this is all just a side effect.  I didn't feel bad yesterday during the meeting, and I was eating there.  I'm still tired, eating tonight helped my stomach, last night it didn't.  Perhaps I am wrong, but I am going to try the eat more often approach and see if it helps.  More often and in small amounts is the idea.  My voice is mostly back and I am only coughing occasionally, so that part is improving.  I look forward to getting outside for a walk soon.

Happy things for today include hugs from Gideon, getting a call from my Texas friend, returning some SCA emails, submitting an award recommendation and ice cream for breakfast!  🍨

I asked Gideon for a picture to share here for his birthday and he let me video record him.



 Ice cream with cereal for breakfast.

The first time I had ice cream for breakfast it was because I was out of milk.  I melted vanilla ice cream onto my cereal.  It was delicious and out of necessity.  😋


No comments:

Post a Comment