Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Fine Arts (picture heavy)

One of the things I miss from when I used to home-school my kids is the ability to go to museums, parks, movies and other extra curricular type activities.  When one schools at home, these aren't quite 'extra' but can be built into the curriculum.  My favorite are the science museums, but we decided to skip that (anticipating crowds) and just went to the Museum of Fine Arts today.  I took 220 pictures.  Here are a couple highlights, and my happy things for today.  I tried to include a picture of the descriptions where I could.


A Game!! 


There are hair rings in the picture below.  Other jewelry and such too.
The hair rings are awesome though.  There are two pair hanging either side of all the roundels. 

K rented an audio tour for Gideon.
He is busy listening and observing some artifacts. 

More Hair Rings!! 


Weaving.  Such colors! 

Mirrors to see the rotunda ceiling by.

This one is so cool.
It is a bunch of sticks, but they form a map.
History and ingenuity!



I just thought this little dragon was cool.



Art Appreciation.

This is a Wax Jack.
That is a coil of wax used for sealing letters and such.
I had no idea that wax came in a coil. 


That is just a small sampling of the pictures I took.  We had a great and tiring day.




No comments:

Post a Comment