Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Galentine's Day

There was a storm last night.  It started as snow and turned to freezing rain and ice.  It was a bear to try to shovel this morning so I only did the minimum needed to get to work.  Lifting shovelful after shovelful of half snow half water and ice is heavy.  I am very thankful that my friend has someone to clean up her driveway after a storm.  It would have taken me much of the day if I had to do it myself.  Shovel a little, break, shovel some more, break, until it was completed.  The little bit I did do had me thinking though, is there such a thing as a slotted shovel?  It would have very limited usefulness.  It wouldn't work with a light fluffy snow at all.  I'm not sure it would work for today's mess, but to allow for some water to escape before trying to hoist the wet stuff would be nice, if it worked.

Yesterday I was able to share Gideon's story.  We have a friend who did a lovely sketch for him of some of the characters that I wish I had asked for permission to post here.  I am blessed to have some very talented people in my life and very thankful for them all.

Although I am sure I have heard of Galentine's Day before, it hadn't affixed itself into my memory until tonight.  Two very good friends and I went out for dinner.  We talked SCA, crafts, households, charities and so much more.  There are a great many events that we are hoping to attend in the next few months.  If I had all the time and money there is an event somewhere almost every weekend of the year.  When would I sleep?  🛌 My happy for today is my gal friends.  All of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment