Thursday, February 7, 2019

Ice

This week has seemed very long.  I'm feeling better, still not 100%, but my voice is mostly back and I am coughing less, although I wasn't coughing often.  All these things are good signs.  I've been going to work but keeping away from my friends, which is kind of sad.  So no visits or practice this week, no craft night or fighting practice tonight.  And I keep forgetting to call and make an appointment with the doctor. 

This weekend I am hoping to attend an event with K and some friends.  It is going to be all classes on embroidery.  We went last year and I learned some neat stitches but did very little with them.  K and I are already making some tentative plans for next year at Birka.  As the new Baronial heads we are to lead the newcomers tour and we have ideas. 

Last night there was a freezing rain/ice storm.  It wasn't too severe, the ice wasn't very thick on my car and it was easy to clean off the windows.  The ice on trees weighed the branches down only a little bit.  The sun stayed hidden behind the clouds.  This was probably a good thing as the beauty of ice sparkling in the morning sun can be blinding.  It did bring back memories of more severe ice storms where the ice was thick and whole trees were weighed down and bowing to the earth.  When the wind would blow the ice would sing with tinkling sounds and the sun shone bright and the world looked covered in glitter.  These things, the earth covered in a sheen of ice and the memories of winters past are my happy things for today.

Sharing a TedX

No comments:

Post a Comment