Thursday, April 11, 2019

Trails

This morning when I got up I could walk.  After ice skating yesterday I wasn't sure even though I stretched after.  There are a few light aches and a sore toe but I felt pretty good today.  I took a nap after work and then a two mile hike.  The hike was on a trail I had been on one other time a few years ago with some other ladies.  We set out to do a loop and it ended up getting dark and one of our party got sick.  We eventually called and the NH Fish and Game and some police officers got us out and brought us back to our cars.  This time I set a timer so that I would be sure to get out on before dark and in time to go to fighter practice.

There were quite a few folks at practice tonight.  I didn't do any fencing practice or drills and just watched tonight.  One of the fighters brought his son to practice.  The youth fighters use different armor and much lighter weapons.  He played with all the adult fighters though, they used his lighter weapons and didn't swing as hard as for the adults and seemed to have a great time. 

Both the hike and watching the practice are my happy things for today.











No comments:

Post a Comment