Saturday, April 27, 2019

Winds of Spring

When I looked at the forecast it read that today would be partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain in the morning and a high of 62 degrees.  If the mercury rose that high the thermometer would have to have been in direct sun during a very brief time when the wind stopped blowing.  Perhaps I am exaggerating a little. It wasn't cold enough that anyone was in any real danger of turning blue.  I was very happy that I brought my cloak to help keep the wind at bay and wishing it covered a bit higher at my neck.  What made me most happy though was seeing so many people at this event, about two hours from the closest parts of my Barony.  There were many archers, heavy-list fighters, fencers, and youth fighters as well as spectators.  Most of the people I tend to see at fighter practice were there today.  It made me very happy to see some of them called into court and awarded with some type of prize for their participation. 

Believe it or not, there is a rainbow in this picture.

Their Majesties dressed in spring colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment