Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Catan

We all slept in a little this morning except for Z who had to go to work.  K & C slept in the longest though so we all got a late start.  We had no plans for the day but I think we all wanted to do something together before C leaves tomorrow.  We decided on playing Settlers of Catan with the Seafarers expansion.  The game is played with resource tiles that get placed to create a board.  We played with the tiles arranged to make one large island and hidden islands that the players would need to build ships to get to and discover what resource they contained.  We ended up playing twice, once with me, K, C and Gideon and then again when Z got home, he replaced K who made dinner.  There will be some house rules next time we play I think.  Gideon will need a little more coaching too.  He played well, but could have made some better choices in the beginning of the game. 

After everyone else went to bed, C and I stayed up and talked.  I was about to head to bed myself and we looked at each other to determine what we wanted to discuss before they go back to Texas.  Three hours later I am writing this and will get about an hours worth of sleep before heading to the airport.  Talking about life, and everything with my youngest is the best. 

My happy things for today are getting to do two of my favorite things: play Settlers of Catan and have a long conversation with C.  💗


Hmm, maybe tomorrow we can finish the unpacking from GNEW. 







No comments:

Post a Comment