Monday, July 29, 2019

Pennsic Day 4


This morning's task was helping to set up the Performance Tent.  Many people showed up to help.  One of the organizers for setting up the tent makes tasty Sekanjabin syrups that she shares with the volunteers.  I had some of the lemon basil today.  One of them also gave out a small token to everyone who helped.  I'm really wishing that I had made some tokens to hand out prior to coming to War.  We got the stage floor set up today.

In the afternoon I had the opportunity to take a nap and did so.  I think that is the only reason I had the energy to help K set up when she arrived this evening.  The fire pit was dug out and fire wood purchased so kids were able to roast marshmallows tonight over the fire.  

Happy things for today include meeting new people while helping out at he performance tent, sitting by the fire and borrowing an air mattress from a friend to sleep on tonight.  I haven't been sleeping well because my cot is very saggy.


The Parking Lot at Night

K and I by fake candlelight

This is the token for volunteering at the Performance Tent





No comments:

Post a Comment