Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A Day With the Arts

Today was a field trip day at school.  We saw Chamber Theatre Productions presentation with five short stories for Language Arts.  They read the Tell Tale Heart in class over the last week or two and would have read two of the other stories had we not had snow days.  We saw this performance last year as well.  Last year there was a problem with a vehicle and there were no costumes.  This year, they had costumes.  As much as I don't like the bus rides, I like the shows. 

After school I met up with a friend and went to Boston to meet up with other friends and go to the Museum of Fine Arts.  It was a surprise for a special lady's birthday.  One of the exhibits was a music room.  There were many unique instruments.  It seemed that each one that I thought could be ancient (or at least medieval) was not.  The ones I saw were mostly from the nineteenth or early twentieth century.  We didn't get to here any being played, but there had been a little concert earlier. 

There was an exhibit with Boston artisans and one about ancient Nubia.  Within the Nubian exhibit there was a quiver.  The write up about it said that it was found with arrows.  The arrows weren't on display and I found that disappointing. 

There were so many different exhibits and so little time.  The look on my friends face when she realized that we were there to surprise her is my happy for  todqy










No comments:

Post a Comment