Sunday, December 15, 2019

The Basin-picture high

There was a fighting practice today at the foothills of the White Mountains.  It was fun watching them practice and getting to talk with people.  One of the ladies I spoke with was hand sewing and then she pulled out her drop spindle.  At Pennsic this year I bought wool to spin, I just need to find my drop spindle.







After practice I drove the five or six miles north into the White Mountains and took a walk.  No mountain climbing, I wasn't prepared for that, just a walk to the Basin and along the Pemigewasset River.   The roar of the water was usually loud enough to drown out the sounds of the neighboring highway.  It wasn't a far walk to be feeling the peacefulness of the area, especially since there are less people this time of year on the trails.  I may try to go up there again mid winter.

Happy things for today include watching fighting and spinning and fighter drills.  Other things are the woods, the roar of the falls, the memories of other times at the Basin, the cold air and snow falling.




The Basin 


The Basin from the hill above. 




Footprints in the snow. 

Some short videos:


So glad that I brought boots AND the clamps
so my feet were warm and I didn't slip. 



No comments:

Post a Comment