Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Laundry

Tonight is my last night house sitting.  I am doing laundry at a laundromat and it is an oddly familiar experience.   It is late, so it isn't busy.   It is restful and I want to fall asleep.  I've never needed a laundromat long enough to become part of the community of people who use them.  I'm fairly certain my presence was obvious to the attendant.  She made sure to let me know that just because she was leaving,  I didn't need to feel rushed.  The place is supposedly open until midnight, but at least some of the doors were locked at nine.

At work, I keep forgetting to make an appointment to have a review.  I had one scheduled over a month ago and the supervisor couldn't make it because another meeting ran late.  Perhaps,  since it is now on writing, I will remember to schedule it at work tomorrow.

My happy for today is clean laundry and that clean laundromat smell of hot cotton and dryer sheets.




No comments:

Post a Comment