Sunday, December 8, 2019

Dyeing

This afternoon I visited a friend to help her with getting ready for an event in January.  There is a fashion show every year and we have an idea for it.  It requires a certain color and she has been having a hard time getting the right shade.  She showed me what she had come up with so far and we came up with a plan and tried one more test batch.  I think we are both satisfied with the color at this point and will be getting together next weekend to dye the fabric.  After that, the sewing can begin.  I still have to do weaving for this as well.  Still over a month before the event.

She also gave me an early Christmas present-arrows!  I probably won't be able to use them until spring, but they are SO PRETTY!  These things are my happy things for today.  I am so grateful for all my friends.

Wintry scene

Dye bath 

Arrows!  
The picture doesn't do them justice 


No comments:

Post a Comment