Thursday, December 19, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me

My work day began with a gift in my mailbox from a coworker.   Llama socks, warm hiking socks and a cute llama card put a big smile on my face and joy in my heart that lasted all day.  Another friend remembered and wished me a happy birthday and that spread to another teacher.  It wasn't until after lunch that it was really spread around and the entire science class sang to me.  This resulted in lots of questions later about why I didn't let anyone know.  After work I had messages on my phone and a call from my friend in Texas.  On the way to the movies with K, I got birthday wishes from C in Texas. 

K, another friend and I went to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood.  I've been wanting to see it.  It was odd to be at the theater with the new Star Wars movie opening today and not be seeing it instead.  There will be time for that over vacation.  I really enjoyed the movie we saw even though I was wrong about thinking that I had read the book.  It was a different book I read about Mr. Rogers.  I did something different and ordered a frozen sangria to go with the popcorn.  They carded me.  I'm sure they card everyone, but I was a bit surprised.

More messages and peppermint stick ice cream for me, followed the movie.  I still need to check out Facebook.  Today was a happy day.

Waiting for the movie to start.

Pretty lights 



No comments:

Post a Comment