Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Cemetery Day

Every year, the week or two before Memorial Day, some of my family get together to plant flowers on departed family graves.  This year I had to work and Gideon had school so some of the family started without us.  We usually visit six cemeteries but I only got to five and K, Z and Gideon to two of them.  There were nine of us this year that joined up to plant.  We do our best to make a joyful day out of this by eating out, getting ice cream and sharing some family stories.  I tried to multi-task as well by opening up the 'Find a Grave' app on my phone and looking around the areas we were for other's graves.  The amount of joy I find in doing this sometimes seems wrong.  Planting flowers and spending time with family is my happy for today.



This looks old but the person passed away in 2015. 


We left my car at my aunt's house and I rode with her...
Until she went to talk to someone else visiting and I was walking around.
K came by and picked me up.
Too funny! 

Gideon seems to have decided that looking at gravestones
is a great way to find new names for the stories he writes. 





Time for Hodgies
They had a new salted caramel flavor today.  Yum!

Pretty Sky.  
This cemetery has the best views behind it.

There was a beaver lodge that I though I took pictures of here. 


💮💮


No comments:

Post a Comment