Monday, May 13, 2019

Color-Picture Heavy

Perhaps it is just something about my upbringing in New England, but it seems that folks all seem to look forward to the green of spring.  Autumn in New England is the time for color.  I am here to tell you that spring has way more colors than green.  There are multiple shades of green as the trees begin to bud and then grow their leaves to fullness, many start out as red or orange buds.  Some trees start with flowers of various colors.  Today I went for a walk with my friend after work and took pictures of some of these wonderful colors.  I do not know what types of trees many are, perhaps they are imported from elsewhere, but others are native to the area and are still more than just green.

My happy for today is color, I blame it on my skirt...

Many shades along the roadway.

A rather light green with a darker pine behind. 

More colors along the road. 

Red tints. 

White and magenta? flowering trees. 

Yellow dandelions (not a tree 😉 )
--one of the first flowers that bees look for in the spring.

Something is a rusty red color back there.

Yellow forsythia are almost all green now.  

Another red tree.

And another

Same tree as above, but looking up. 

White, reds, yellows...

This is the petal covered grass from under the white flowered tree above. 

Yet another flowering tree. 

Not a tree...  

Soon to bloom 

Fairly certain they will become green. 

And then there is the cat, also not a tree.  😀



No comments:

Post a Comment