Saturday, May 25, 2019

Panteria

There was an event this weekend that I decided to just go to today.  I suppose I could go back tomorrow, but I am hoping to either relax, or get stuff done.  Either or both is fine.  Today I spent relaxing SCA style.  I watched a friend's apprenticing.  His Laurel had three gifts; the green belt and sign of an apprentice (made by his Laurel), a tool (made by his Laurel's wife) and a working apron made of leather (made by his wife).  Someday maybe I will start using names, but not today. 

I spent a good part of my day talking with friends that I haven't seen in a while and making plans for next weekend (I hope).  It sounds like the shower that is getting made for Pennsic is coming along nicely.  I strolled around to see some of the different things that were happening.  There were horses, archery, merchants and classes to name a few of the things going on. 

After court, my newly apprenticed friend and I went geocaching.  I know, nothing medieval about that.  There was a cache nearby that he had been wanting to find for a few years now when at this event but hadn't had the time.  After court and before feast seemed as good a time as any.  After walking about a half mile or so we left the road and traipsed through some woodsy area until he found it.  It was a micro-cache, so fairly small and was in a dead log.  We signed the tiny piece of paper and then put the cache back in the hole.

My happy things for today are getting to talk with friends I haven'e seen for a while and geocaching. 




Archery! 






There were some Canada Geese were near the the cache. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment