Friday, May 24, 2019

Vulnerability

There was a party after work today that I chose not to go to because, if I am going to be completely honest, I am not all that comfortable with group parties like that.  There would only be a few people that I know.  When I originally got the invite I had been planning to go away for the weekend, leaving this afternoon.  That plan changed for me, but the rest of the family still left this afternoon.  I knew my daughter would appreciate the help getting ready and right after deciding not to go to the party I called her and she was very happy that I was going to be going home, rather than somewhere else after work.  She wanted some help.

When I had pretty much finished helping her pack I sat down to do the sewing that I wanted to have done tonight.  After they left I put on a Ted Talk video with BrenĂ© Brown to listen to while I sewed.  It happened to be about vulnerability.  Sometimes the things that pop up for me to watch seem very well timed, this was one of those times.  As I push through my vulnerability and share things in my blog, I realize how I wasn't able to go to the party today, because, vulnerability.  

Being able to be home to help my daughter get ready for the weekend is my happy for today.  Tomorrow I will join them for a little while and it will be good.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment