Sunday, May 26, 2019

Down Day

Occasionally today I felt like I should have gone back up to the event I was at yesterday.  Instead I did very little and had a down day.  My big accomplishments for today include laundry, a nap and a four mile walk.  I had meant to take my walk in the morning, but ended up falling back to sleep for almost three hours.  When I woke up the temperature outside was around 86 degrees, so the walk waited until around 6:30 when the sun was no longer beating down.  When I sat down after my walk I had 9,999 steps.  I got a drink of water and made my step count.  😉

It is odd as I think back on my day, I don't think I spoke one word today, unless it was to myself.  I'm not sure that has happened in quite some time, except when I had laryngitis, and I still tried to speak.  I did have contact with people through internet chats and such, but not through speech.  Huh.

My friend's cat, Chloe, had to be put down today.  😞  She did not come to me for attention very often. She didn't come to anyone, that I know of, very often for attention.  I'll still miss her.  
Chloe, from March 20, 2019.

My happy for today is that walk.  I took my time and stopped occasionally to take a picture.  The lilacs seem to be at peak and soon I will miss that sweet smell as I walk.  There are many other things blooming or preparing to though as we get closer to summer.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment