Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Black holes

Last week when I was warping the loom I managed to lose a pair of my friend's scissors.  I thought I was being careful.  I had them, I used them, I warped some more, and they were not to be found when time to cut the next thread.  Today while sitting in the same chair, weaving,  I managed to lose a magnetic ruler, belonging to the same friend, that I thought was stuck to a magnetic board.  I looked and the ruler and the scissors have now both been swallowed by the same chair.  I guess this is why I shouldn't have nice things.

It was a day mostly full of weaving.  We went for a couple of walks too.  I am approximately half way through the first of three bands I am making.  This is my happy for today.  There is quite a bit more to do if I am going to have these finished by next weekend.  That may be an unattainable goal, especially where I am going back to work next week.  It is still the goal I am working towards.

Today also marks the 250th day of using Duolingo.  I started working on Italian as well as Spanish a month or so ago but I have decided that keeping to one language at a time may be best.  Adios!





No comments:

Post a Comment