Thursday, August 1, 2019

Day Seven

We started today by going to see other people in the Barony and talking about plans for a different event next year.  The stop after that was where our Seneschal camps and we visited with a few folks there and got to eat some fresh cooked pretzels that were soft, salty and delicious!  After that we became part of the retinue following Their Majesties for a little while and then shopping with the Queen.  She gave K and I each her favor today.  All this before one in the afternoon.  K and I each went to a different class at two, I was late for mine because I needed food.  It was a class on seventh century Briton.  I wish I was there on time as the person teaching is from the Barony, but I enjoyed what I saw.  He seemed very engaging and obviously enjoyed the subject.

After that I mostly took it easy.   All through the day I got to see different people from the Barony, past and present, as well as friends of the Barony.   I hope I am wearing the Coronet well.

In the evening I was going to go wandering around and taking pictures but someone suggested we play a game of Quiddler and the game choice won.  We also had some new arrivals to camp tonight, some first timers.  I am looking forward to spending time with them.

If you have made it this far I think I have covered most of the happy things for today.







No comments:

Post a Comment