Friday, August 2, 2019

Eighth Day

Today was Friday.  K went out this morning to do laundry and I dyed my shoes.  Most likely I will put another coat of dye on them tomorrow, they aren't coming out as nicely as I had hoped.  This is my first time trying to make shoes though, and they are still shoes.

Our camp is almost full, just a few more people will be arriving over the weekend and maybe one more at the beginning of the week.  We lost two people because of an emergency gall bladder surgery and may have gained two others because they didn't register in advance.

This evening K and I went to a fund raising dinner.  I wish I liked food.  There was some beautiful food that I normally wouldn't eat but I tried anyway.  It was all prepared well, but I'm still too finicky and probably should have skipped the food and just donated the money.  That said, I did meet new people and enjoyed some fabulous singers there.

After that I went to a hafla.  I was anticipating just stopping in and saying hello to the few people and then leaving.  I ended up staying late into the night and talking with/listening to a few different people and having a pretty good time.

When I got back to camp, very late, I learned about all the things I had missed while away.  Tents have been erected, wood cut and a fire was going and other people had arrived this evening.

My happy things for today include meeting new people, Cinnabon for breakfast, I started doing the Camino de Pennsic and enjoying all the storytellers.








No comments:

Post a Comment