Saturday, November 23, 2019

Blue Job Mountain--picture heavy

According to this website there are 17 active standing fire towers in New Hampshire.  Today I found one atop Blue Job Mountain, elevation 1357 ft.  This marks the second fire tower I have been to this year and I feel that I must now search out the other active ones over the next year or so.  I may decide to include the 12 inactive ones as well.  There are 62 that are no longer standing.  I wonder what it would have been like to be a person who watches for fires back in the days before cellular phones.  Perhaps that is research for another day.  I did research a little and found this article about Blue Job Mountain that I figured I would share.  My hope was to find out how this mountain got its name.  That is still a mystery for me.

There are many things for me to be grateful for today and most surround this hike. 


  • Often, when I hike, I thank things I pass-trees, rocks, the hawk I saw.  It may be that they are beautiful, or placed in just the right spot for my foot to not get wet, or provide a strong hold when the trail is rough.  There were many to be grateful for along the way today.
  • My shoes may not be the best quality, but they kept me from slipping on rocks today and I am thankful for that.
  • Smiles and greetings from passersby.
  • Snow on the White Mountains.  I'm grateful to see this, it was beautiful off in the distance to see a white snow-capped mountain.  
  • Thankful that I remembered to bring my battery pack so I could continue to take pictures and have a map on my phone for the entire hike.
  • Along the hike I took a bunch of pictures (thankful for the camera in my phone) and I tend to go for taking just a corner of my face.  However, I have been considering making some kind of video journal thing that would require me to video record myself.  This is still very much up in the air, but I took some selfies that included my face today.
  • There were eleven things on my to do list for today.  I have nine of them completed so far.
  • Pond ice that made me think of ice skating.  It is still too soon for that.
  • Dreaming with K about starting a business.
  • Just thankful that I was able to push myself to get out and do things today.
That was a longish list of things to be grateful for so I will chose just one thing to be a happy for today and that is my feeling like I can accomplish things.  Some days are not so productive or are a different kind of productive.  It was a good day.  And yes, hiking today was productive.

Map

Something has been eating this tree.

The fire tower and cellular tower.
They may not be the prettiest things, 
but I am thankful for the cell towers too.

Views from the tower.


The panoramic views are tiny on my monitor.

I'm not sure how accurate the PeakLens app is, 
but I climbed Mount Major with friends earlier this year.


 Ice on the pond on my way to Little Blue Job Mountain.

This is looking towards Blue Job Mountain where the fire tower was.
 Snow in the distance!
My best guess is that is Mount Washington.


Close up of the snowy mountain.
The pointy mountain left of Mount Washington and closer is most likely Mount Chocorua.

And I have a face.  😉

The trail came back to the tower and I had a thought.
What if I take a selfie of myself where the "camera in use" is taking a picture of me.
Well, I couldn't find the camera, but the sign is in the shadows behind me.







No comments:

Post a Comment