Saturday, November 30, 2019

Pooh Bear

Gideon and I got to explore the Winnie the Pooh Trail today.  Prior to going we sat and watched some episodes of the show on YouTube.  He didn't remember much about the stories.  He had started reading the book some time recently and found it confusing.  After listening a little to the book and he and I talking about it he is less confused.  After listening to it myself again, I can understand why he was confused.  The play on words that Milne uses is brilliant, and perhaps more difficult for a very literal mind of the twenty-first century.

All that said, Gideon seemed to have a great time.  Running between the signs and skipping and singing despite the cold.  His favorite "house" along the trail was Pooh's.  He liked that there were jars set out for honey.  My favorite would be Eeyore's house; it was a nice wooden hut.  Although, Rabbit's house pretty cool too, it looked like the root system of a fallen tree. 

Hiking this trail with Gideon is my happy for today.  I'm grateful to have heard about this trail from someone at work and to have found it close to where I am house sitting.

















No comments:

Post a Comment