Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Mom

My mom would have been 82 today.  Yesterday, as I was serving myself pasta and preparing to put a brand new type of sauce onto it, I remembered that Mom would have had a piece of bread with peanut butter with her pasta.  I didn't add this to my dinner.  For some reason, she is in my thoughts often lately.

 My gratitude today goes to my friend that let me go through her stash of silk thread for my weaving project.  We may have found what I can use to weave trim for Birka.  The orange color matches up to the pictures of terracotta vases much better than I expected.

My happy is dinner out with friends.  We hung around the restaurant talking long enough to be there when a regular customer got a birthday cake and shared with some the other guests.   It has been a long time since I have had cake on my mother's birthday.   She would have liked it.



No comments:

Post a Comment