Monday, November 4, 2019

Fire Tower

No work for me tomorrow, which should mean that I stay up late.  Time change means that I woke up an hour early this morning though, so I think sleep is in order.  After work Z and I went for a walk.  I finally made it to the fire tower in town.  I hiked it in the spring, but the tower itself was closed for renovations.  Well, the tower itself is always closed, but the stairway up to it is new and now reopened.  Since we didn't begin our walk until after getting home from work, and the time change, it was dark by the time we got back down.  The view from the top, orange horizon, city lights, rolling hills against the darkening sky, was lovely.  Including all the stairs, I think it took us about an hour and 20  minutes, round trip. 

There was another hiker that joined us on the tower.  He had a real camera to take pictures with.  The camera on my phone does pretty well, but sometimes I imagine I could get better shots with a camera that has optical zoom.  Getting out into the fresh air and up the fire tower is my happy for today.  I'm thankful that I got to spend the time with my awesome son-in-law.

On the way up, it isn't dark yet.

Z, in the latest fall fashion--Hunter bikini vest!  😂 

Sun is mostly down.


Heading up the stairs to the fire tower. 

The city.

A close up of the city.
That building with the light across the top is the same as below. 


Down from the stairs. 

Gnarly. 

Yesterday's blog had a different view of this building with the lights all blue.
Although I couldn't tell from the fire tower, tonight they are striped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment