Friday, March 8, 2019

Busy Friday

Ah the trials and tribulations of being a peer and a Baroness and an exchequer in the SCA.  The weird pieces of knowledge I have in my head about volunteering, the Barony and Kingdom and money therein.  There are times when I feel I know very little and then something will happen and years of my past learning will fly out of my mouth in a few moments that generally makes my point or teaches whatever the thing is and it is good.  There are blunders and I don't knows sometimes too.  Learning to say that I don't have all the answers is a wonderful thing that has come in very useful in my life.  I have appreciated it as a para-educator too.  There is an occasional student who will criticize the teacher who doesn't know everything, but they are few and far between.

K, Gideon and I had dinner out with a cousin and my aunt tonight.  It was really great to get to see them.  Our cousin recently bought some land and he is planning to build a home on it this year.  I am very excited for him and the experiences he will have creating his home.  We ate at Blake's Restaurant so I got some delicious peppermint stick ice cream for dessert. 

Many things to be happy for today-being part of the SCA, it is Friday, family, friends, and peppermint stick ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment