Sunday, March 31, 2019

Cousins

You know those stories that you hear about a child that is put up for adoption and then said child grows up and searches to find their birth parents?  Today I went to a family gathering on my father's side that was to welcome one such grown up person and his family into ours.  His relation to me is first cousin twice removed (See chart below).  I don't remember knowing anything about this when it happened.  I'm not sure if my parents even knew, but they probably did.  I was introduced to one of the people at the party and in explaining how we were connected ended up going from my dad's side of the family to my mom's, because everyone knew my mom's mom.  She was the head cafeteria worker so if you went to school there back then, you knew my grandmother.  I was told I look like her.  That took me off guard a little, I wasn't expecting it.  I should have been.  Any way, the 'new' member of the family resembles his uncle that recently passed away.  Families being united is a happy for today.




Link to site I pulled this chart from.

Another happy is getting to play Minecraft this morning with Gideon, Texas family and friends.  Probably because of playing this morning I forgot to wear my pedometer today.  I didn't get out for a walk, so I guess it doesn't matter much.  I did get to talk with C about my car and a few other things though.  My rear brakes are bad.  I knew they were going, I expected it.  It turns out that the passenger side one isn't working.  The driver side is, but not in a good way.  There is a happy here too.  I was going to try and fix these myself, after taking pictures of the brake and learning these things, I know that it is beyond what I have the tools or knowledge for at this time. 


This is a rather old picture.  My grandmother is on the left with the blue sweatshirt, I am holding K and then my mom on the right.  Four generations.
I wish I could say how old K is in that picture...
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and child

No comments:

Post a Comment