Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Lucky Number Thirteen

Thirty-eight years ago (1981) March 13th was on a Friday and I got my driver's license.  I remember sitting in the car all nervous with the man from the state to test my driving.  I was getting ready to back out and an eighteen wheeler came into the parking lot, couldn't make it around a state vehicle parked in the row behind me and a loud crunching noise.  The man testing me got out and took care of that before my test.  It was an anxious drive, but I passed, on Friday the thirteenth. 

Today is Wednesday so the day doesn't contain any superstitious nature surrounding it and nothing happened that would imply bad luck today.  No longer 16, I am not quite as superstitious as I once was, if I am now at all. It isn't that I don't wish people good luck, but I don't believe a black cat crossing my path will bring me bad luck. With St. Patrick's Day around the corner luck and superstitions have been entering my mind though.  Luck has been entering my mind and so has time.  Thirty-eight years ago I couldn't imagine what being thirty-eight would be like, never mind the age I am at.  Okay, I am sure I tried to imagine it, but what I am living is not what I imagined.  Thankfully I am alright with most of that. 

My happy thing is getting the chance to smile and laugh with some of the students today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment