Saturday, March 9, 2019

Hrim Schola

There was an event a ways south of here today called Hrim Schola.  It is fiber arts themed and so has classes on things like weaving, knitting, and embroidery.  I am exhausted.  I went with a friend, met others friends there and went to dinner with them and one more friend tonight. A very full day.

For classes I went to one on making stockings, Sewing Sturdy Seams, Sutton Hoo Raised Plait Stitch, How to Dress your Slate Frame, and Intro to Warp-Weighted Loom.  I learned quite a bit today.  

My favorite class was about the warp-weighted loom; mostly because this is a type of weaving that I have always wanted to do.  The teacher brought a mini loom she made for this purpose.  It was great to get to try it and learn about how she made it and the good and bad things that happened along the way.  One of my friends went as well and he plans to make something similar so the conversation for that lasted into dinner time.  It was a fun day filled with learning and some silliness too.  My happy is the warp-weighted loom class and the plans to build one.                                  


Friends



Sutton Hoo Stitch 

Sewing the fabric onto the slate frame. 


The mini warp-weighted loom. 
                               
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment