Saturday, June 8, 2019

Bugs

Last year I hiked up to and then climbed up a local fire tower.  Once by myself and once with Gideon.   This year the tower is being renovated and so not open for climbing.   The trails are open and I went up this afternoon.

Forgetting to bring bug spray was not my wisest move.  On the way up the hill they were tolerable.  Coming back down the mosquitoes became more and more vicious.  My walking time lately has been mostly spent on town and city roads rather than the woods so less bugs.  The woods were a nice change when the insects weren't swarming.  This was not my first time to the tower, but if was the first time up the path I chose.  It didn't take as long as I thought it would and I had time to try some of the spurs on the way down.  Had the mosquitoes not been biting I would have had time to do more, but I chose to finish and get back to the safety of my car instead. 

That small hike and playing a game of cards with Gideon are my happy things for today.

 This little snake slithered its way across the path before hiding.


Lady Slippers!

There is a butterfly in the left top corner of this picture. 

This piece of equipment is at the top by the tower. 

The tower is not really tilted.



Some things that are being used during renovations. 

Outhouse. 











No comments:

Post a Comment