Friday, June 7, 2019

Sick Day

Waking up this morning after not getting enough sleep and having nightmares I still planned to go to work.  I was ready early even.  Then I couldn't find the key to the car.  I searched for over half an hour and then called in sick.  By that time, I was feeling pretty ill.  When I first started looking it was very calm and orderly.  By the time I made the call, I felt as if I had exhausted all possible places and the stress of having no idea where else to look had taken its toll on my nerves and brought on an upset stomach. 

After the call I looked for the key at a more relaxed pace, expecting to find it immediately, didn't, and finally gave up and had some breakfast.  Perhaps eating would help my brain to work better and they would be found.  Normally my keys are attached to my belt loop with a little key chain clasp.  Yesterday I wore a skirt-no belt loop.  I also generally take care of all my things right after I get home.  Yesterday K wanted to tell me about some things that happened with Gideon on the bus and then Gideon wanted to show me some magic tricks.  All these little things and my routine was off.  I had no idea where I put the key down.  We searched for a bit more, but they didn't turn up.  We decided to make a detailed search and cleaning of the living room-later.  I was still not feeling great and so decided that a nap was in order and the cleaning could come after.  I normally leave for work around 6:15 AM.  After the nap, around 10 AM, I found the car key.  It had somehow fallen into a small plastic CVS bag that hadn't made it upstairs yet.  Not a bag of mine, but K's.  Not a place I looked earlier, I may have moved it, but not looked inside.

This leads me to my happy things for today:


  • Finding the car key
  • Getting to walk to the bus stop to get Gideon after school
  • Helping to clean the living room and the kitchen
  • Getting my laundry done
  • Time to recover from those nightmares before going back to work






No comments:

Post a Comment