Thursday, June 6, 2019

Night Sky

Today was a little stressful, and very hot which may have something to do with the stress.  The AC wasn't working on the second floor at the school.  I had intended to go home after work and then go back out to fighter practice but I fell asleep when I got home.  Because it was so warm, I waited until after I ate to go for a walk.

The crescent moon shone bright towards the west and Jupiter to the south/southeast.  Through the lights of the city's edge I was able to locate Jupiter, Cygnus the Swan and the Big Dipper.  I even got some pictures of some of these and used the Star Tracker app I have on my phone.   It was a mostly peaceful walk with the occasional car going by.  The smells of blooming things and the sounds of crickets all coupled with the night sky make this walk tonight my happy for today.




Moon
 Moon

Jupiter


Jupiter 

Big Dipper (Ursa Major) 

 Big Dipper (Ursa Major)

 Moon

Moon 

 Moon


No comments:

Post a Comment