Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Family

It has been an hour since I sat down here to write tonight.  Sleep keeps getting ahold of me instead and doesn't want to let go.  Now I am trying to write before sleep takes over completely.

There was an impromptu family gathering today.  Generally these happen for sad reasons but today's was to visit with some family members before they returned to New York, so a happy reason.   As one who does a very poor job of keeping contact I try to get to these things when I can.  Gideon and I went and he was great.  Not that I expected otherwise, but he has wanted to have stay at home days and this was quite a bit of driving around and then a family lunch that he ended up being the only child at.  My aunt, cousin (from NY) and I went for a short drive to the cemeteries.  We visited where my grandparents are buried as well as my parents and other family members first.  It was raining lightly so we didn't stay long.  We also went to the cemetery where my cousin's mom is.  He was put up for adoption as a baby and only found the rest of us after she had passed away. 

Well, really, my tired brain is making this all seem rather sad when it was a good day and filled with family stories and love.  My happy for today is that unconditional family love and feeling of belonging. 



No comments:

Post a Comment