Sunday, January 27, 2019

Birka Ends

For our first full day as Baroness and Baron we got to go to the Kingdom meeting.   I've lost my voice so I am glad I didn't need to speak.   K decided to though.   There were some problems yesterday and she spoke to the counsel about it.  She did very well.   After, we got to wander around the event site and visit with people.   This is something I don't usually get to do.  The event was open an extra day.   Either way though,  I normally would be working at the event in a different way, by working at or running gate.  Now I need to figure out what we should be doing.  Since I already tended to spend a good deal of my time doing service, now the service will have a different focus.  There are things I want to see happen, and ways I hope to get there, one day and event at a time.

Part of my new position will be to create the dream for others.  It is a heavy responsibility.  Having my family from Texas come to visit and support us this weekend was a blessing.  Having my friend from Texas as well, attend her first event, and she jumped in with both feet to help out was fantastic.  Not just because she helped out but because I was able to see some of the magic through her experiences as a newcomer.  I haven't been a newcomer in 30+ years and seeing that spark in someone I know is its own magic.  These are my happy SCA things for today.

At home, we unpacked and got to spend some time together.  C and I got some alone time which we both miss.  We both are more introverted than not and talk better in small groups.  Solving the problems of the world one tangent at a time.  I am so happy and grateful that they were able to visit and share this experience with us.

Lunch post event.




The Coronet. 

💗 C & I 💜





No comments:

Post a Comment