Saturday, January 19, 2019

Snow

Falling asleep with a needle in my hand while trying to sew buttons tonight.   Last night I slept more so it is much later than 7:30.  It was a busy day.  We stained and painted the thrones early in the day.  After that K did painting at the art school and I walked home from there.  I took a long way and the snow started falling and it got dark before I got home and found my FitBit battery was dead.  Tomorrow I expect to be snowed in.  We are supposed to get between 10 and 18 inches of snow and then the precipitation will turn to sleet and freezing rain.  Tomorrow night it is supposed to become bitter cold.  The temperatures are all over the place this week.

Happy things for today include getting and wearing face masks to use while painting and staining today.  That made a huge difference in how long we were able to work and we got a bunch done on the thrones.  I'm fighting a cold and breathing is important.

We have to park our cars in a nearby city garage for snow clean-up.  Another happy thing is that I went down in the garage for the first time (instead of up) and I don't expect to have much, if any, snow on my car when I pick it up on Monday. 

Being out on my walk as the snow started to fall also is a happy for today.  People on the street commented about it starting.  It was like a sudden mood change.  The smell in the air changes with snow.  To me it is a familiar and exciting scent. 

Working on the thrones.

An historic marker that I hadn't noticed before. 

 Snow starting to fall. 








No comments:

Post a Comment