Saturday, January 5, 2019

Draping

When a person in the SCA receives some sort of elevation that they know is going to happen, they oftentimes will have new garb to wear for the occasion.  Last weekend and today K and I have been working with someone who is helping us with this.   The patterns are getting made using a technique called draping.   It is a fascinating process that I am enjoying learning more about.  As the gown and other things are starting to take shape, I am starting to get a little excited about the investiture.  This is my happy for today.

Want to learn about draping?  Check this website.  I found it with a quick Google search.  For our purposes, the draping happened on our bodies, not a dress form. 

These are patterning out the garment and underdress, 
not finished products.

This is my reflexion from a
sliding glass door so-poor quality.




No comments:

Post a Comment