Monday, January 14, 2019

Kloster

As I try to prepare for the big event where K and I will be invested I am sometimes calm or excited and other times the anxiety is high and I think that I will forget everything.  This first court of ours is feeling rather pivotal.  Like it could set the stage for the rest of our time.  Unless something extreme happens, that should not be the case.  That is just me feeling a little anxiety.  I think it is normal to feel a little anxious when preparing to speak in front of potentially 1000 people.

This morning I managed to get out of bed before my third alarm went off.  This meant that I was able to better prepare for my day.  There was supposed to be Dungeons and Dragons Club after school today.  One of the other dungeon masters was out sick and two others dropped out.  So one-third of the club played their campaign and the rest of us played Apples to Apples.  The kids all know each other better than I know them, of course.  Between that and the poor cards I kept getting, it took a while before I actually won any cards.  I am okay with that.  The one play that I remember winning was when the card to play on was 'foreign' and I played 'the 1960's'.  That is a foreign decade to a 14 year old. 😁

After work I tried out a new embroidery stitch.  I didn't get much done but I am please with this first bit of practice.  Part of this stitch requires the thread direction to be known, so whether it is in an S or Z direction.  My eyes didn't want to focus well and I got the direction wrong the first few rows.  I took a picture and blew it up and saw the error of my ways.  Learning a new embroidery stitch is today's happy.
Sunset.


The top rows are the correct way.
It is called a Kloster stitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment