Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Trail That Wasn't

Welcome to the first of what I hope to be a year long daily blog.  As in previous years I will strive to find something happy that I have witnessed or experienced during the day.  Sometimes there will be pictures (lots today) and sometimes there will not be.  In 24 days my oldest and I will become the next Baroness and Baron of our local SCA barony.  This blog will include tidbits that I can concerning my part of that process as well as other aspects of my life.  There are a few links alongside the blog to a couple of my interests.

After a morning that was not as productive as I had hoped I decided that the best thing I could do was to go for a walk.  I found a hiking trail sort of near where I am staying and headed out.  It has been a while since I have made it onto a trail as opposed to along a road.  The fresh air helped to stimulate me and the slippery trail kept me alert.  There was a variety of spurs to choose as I wound my way through the leaf bare trees.  Generally choosing 'up' directions in the first half hour I ended on trails named Ridge and Skyline.  At one point I managed to follow what I thought was a trail but soon faded enough that I knew I had either chosen poorly or it had never been a trail in that direction.  My sense of direction was in the ON position today though.  I eventually trudged through the leaves long enough and in the correct direction to intersect with a real trail.

During this time of misplacement I considered the slippery terrain and the stories that I hoped wouldn't be.  Like walking into the investiture to become Baroness with crouches because I couldn't keep to the trail or what a fool I would feel if it got dark while I was out here and actually got lost and had to phone for help.  Thankfully these things did not come to pass and I finished off my walk without falling and injuring myself.  😊

When I got back to the house I was able to be more productive and work on making shoes and doing dishes and taking out the trash.  My happy for today is definitely getting out and walking.  Fresh air has done my brain and soul a little bit of good. 




This boulder seemed to have a neat indent perfect to rest against. 

And so I did. 

This is the view up from the recliner boulder. 


Orange mushrooms?  Lichen?  Something else?? 


The layers in this stone were beautiful.
My camera phone didn't capture it well. 



I noticed some trees were labeled and numbered.
Perhaps there is a guided trail map.  
🍂☮🍁

No comments:

Post a Comment