Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Small Rant

Dear whoever the Nextcellencies of Stonemarche will be when K and I step down in 3-6 years:  We will do our best to ensure that when it is your turn to be invested as Baroness and/or Baron that it will not happen at Birka.  It may seem convenient since the Royals are most likely already in attendance, but Birka is its own beast and contains too much politicking for something that should be fun and a new beginning, the closing of one chapter and opening of another.  Our Investiture this weekend is already difficult enough with the loss of the Baron last year.  Please, if whoever you are has the opportunity to read this, remind me when your time comes.  NOT AT BIRKA.

Dear Reader, please forgive my above rant.  I try not to, but sometimes things happen.  Putting the above in writing will help me to remember how strongly I feel about this.  I wasn't happy about it last time either, and that wasn't my investiture.  

Some wonderful things that happened are my happy things for today:
  • My aunt met me for a quick visit today at Dunkin Donuts and brought along my cousin.  I haven't seen her in quite some time and we had a lovely visit.  It was so good to see her.
  • My daughter's clothing arrived for our Investiture and there are details on it that were entirely unexpected.  She still has a few things to add to it, and we are only a few days away.
  • The excitement of the coming weekend and the good things that will happen like seeing the family from Texas, meeting E's parents, learning more about our upcoming appointments as Baroness and Baron, so many things!
Thank you and hugs to you, the reader.

Look at them legs!  😎




No comments:

Post a Comment