Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Numbers

Today is 1-9-19.  Somewhere I am sure someone has some numerical/numerology thing going on with those numbers.  I don't.  But I like when numbers are fun.  In Social Studies class the students are learning all about latitude and longitude and using coordinates to locate places on a map.  One of the programs they have used online is this and the fun kid game one is here.   Much of it has been using the maps though.  Part of me wonders if in this world of technology, this is important.  The other part knows there are so many other skills that this is teaching them.  Coordinates, basic mapping skills and that there is a great big world out there to explore.

A little more snow today and school had a delay.  I arrived late because I didn't anticipate the amount of traffic, foolishly thinking that two hours later meant more time to clear off the roads.

My happy for today is getting hugs from Gideon.  He was in  a bit of a snuggle mood and wanted to help me out with a thing I was doing on the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment