Thursday, January 17, 2019

Light

Very busy day- work, errands, staining thrones, fighter practice and craft night.  Phew.  And I just had a lovely and insightful conversation with my friend in Texas.  Somehow I have managed to connect with some truly remarkable people over my lifetime and I am very thankful that they all have touched my life.  With all the wonderful things today it has become late, but I have two happy things for today to share.

The first was at fighter practice where some of the fighters are new and being trained.  The exercise that was being practiced was how to die safely.  There is a particular way that fighters can hold themselves in the middle of a battle that offers the best protection.  It has been many, many years since I have watched so much SCA fighting and I am enjoying what I have been learning.  Observing how they practice safety in a rather dangerous sport is the first happy. 

The second was at craft night.  The lady of the house was doing some gorgeous embroidery, but my happy is actually her happiness.  I have noticed this before with her that she lights up when she talks about the research she is doing and how she plans to create the things she makes.

Moon.

 Tree lights.

 Moon again, by the tree lights.

Learning to 'die' safely.


No comments:

Post a Comment