Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Shoes

If there is one thing I have learned since I became a para-educator it is that the first day back at work after a vacation is difficult.  The students all want to catch up with friends and are too wound up or too tired from not getting enough sleep to be productive.  This year, for the most part, they were pretty well behaved.  Just tired enough I guess.  😏

For the upcoming investiture I am making shoes that are much closer to period medieval shoes than I currently have.  Presenting as medieval as I can is a part of becoming a Baroness for me. Yesterday I got to a pausing point with the sewing and today I wet the leather and walked around in them for about 45 minutes.  I did this around the kitchen, where the floor is tiled.  After 15 minutes of meandering around in circles I looked at my Fit-bit and my steps weren't registering!  Needless to say I picked up my speed, and my feet, pacing in the kitchen.  My daily step goal to meet for my work program is 8000 and 10,000 for my personal one.  I don't expect to get 10,000 today, but I will get 8000.  I haven't been diligent in getting my steps lately and really want to make an effort now that the holidays are over and most of my candy is gone.  😜  Shoe making is my happy for today.  Every step closer to getting them done is a good thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment